High Tension Hex Bolts
High tension hex bolts (M12 – M30) used in steel frame building and bridge construction are also a key product.
- A high tension hex bolt special steel is made from materials such
as low carbon manganese, chromium and boron steel (developed by
Sumitomo Metal Industries) to deliver stable mechanical product
- Product quality consistency is ensured through the use of an
integrated manufacturing method driven by advanced bolt forming
equipment (for bolts below 27mm diameter).
- Large diameter high tension bolts (M33 – M76) are also manufactured according to time tested hot forging technology.
- Strict product lot management (based on JIS B1186) ensures stable quality in high volume manufacturing.
- Orders for standard products are quickly filled from plentiful on-hand stock.
[JIS Certification Classification]
February 2008 JIS B1186 High tension hex bolt sets for friction points
Stainless steel offers excellent
design, anti-corrosion, and durability characteristics and is has been
historically used in a wide variety of applications.
High tension hex bolts made from stainless steel have received JIS
B1186 certification for “High tension hex bolt, hex nut and flat washer
sets for friction points.”
However, since this certification does not cover characteristics
such as chemical composition and manufacturing method, stainless steel
high tension hex bolts are manufactured according to the SSBS301
“Stainless steel construction hex bolts, hex nuts and washer sets”
(10T-SUS, 10-SUS, 35-SUS) guidelines issued by the Stainless Steel
Building Association of Japan.
- Bolt surfaces are finished with a characteristic stainless steel
beautiful metal shine, and are suitable for construction applications
in structures where aesthetic appearance is a concern.
- Durability - Corrosion Resistance
- Extremely high anti-corrosion performance is suitable for building
construction in which long life or low maintenance in normal
environments are required.
- Fire Resistance - Low Temperature Performance
- Low reduction of strength under high heat conditions and high
flexibility under low temperature conditions are suitable for building
construction in which fire resistance and low temperature
characteristics are required.
- Mechanical Properties
- Stainless steel construction high tension hex bolts offer
mechanical performance properties equivalent to JIS B1186 F10T high
tension hex bolts for friction points.
[Designated Stainless Steel Factory]
April 1, 2014: Designation HB-010 received, Japanese Society of Steel Construction
Our hot dip galvanized high tension
hex bolts have been tested according to national building codes for
corrosion resistance, mechanical performance, holding performance,
delayed mechanical failure characteristics and actual performance, and
have received general certification from the Land, Infrastructure and
- Plating adhesion for bolts, nuts and washers greater than 550g/m2.
Plating adhesion is managed according to the same criteria as parts
plating too deliver long life maintenance-free anti-corrosion
- During the galvanization process, acid washing is avoided to the
extent possible to prevent hydrogen intrusion and eliminate concern of
- Nuts undergo a special lubrication process to ensure stable axial force during tightening through the nut angle method.
[November 26, 2012: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport,
Housing Bureau Designation No. 1333-3-1 Certification No. MBLT-0108]
Why not use for decorative purposes? Track spikes and screws can be used as commemorative gifts.
Track spikes, also called "dog spikes" due to their resemblance to a
dog's head, can be used in variety of applications. Try using them as
decorations for outside walls or as hanging hooks.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to request samples or documents.